Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Our Life is Our Platform

Back in January a fellow believer prophesied over me. He told me many things and one thing stood out to me...he said that by the time my boys were middle school aged, that I would be speaking to people and changing lives. I've prayed about this since then. I asked God, what do I have to say that could change lives? His response was simple, "girl with  purpose". I felt this was His way of reassuring me that I don't have to worry about what I am going to say, but to rest in His purpose for me. I was talking about this with Luis and Ashley. I told them that I was ready and waiting for my platform. Luis told me not to wait for a platform, but to understand that our life is our platform.

I could have waited a very long time for a platform to come along, but that night I understood the significance of what Luis said. The life that we led in Christ gives us the opportunity to share Christ with others. When we look at ourselves and see the platform that is built upon Him, it's a wondrous thing. It's a true, unintimatding way to share Christ with others.

Here is my platform:

I'm a believer in Christ
I'm a wife, daughter, niece, cousin and friend
I'm a mom to two boys
I homeschool
I am in the process of setting up speech therapy for my five year old
I advocate for those that need it, whoever that might be
I love to take photographs
I enjoy cooking and baking and eating pizza
I write whenever the creative switch turns on
I love to scrapbook, but haven't had time to do in awhile
I understand the pain of losing a loved one and the hope of reuniting with them in heaven

In time, I will elaborate on each of these areas that make up my platform. My hope is to encourage maybe even inspire, but most importantly for Christ's love to shine through.

Many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment