Saturday, June 2, 2012

Case Management and Speech Thearpy

Last week we met with Arron' case manager. I am so thankful that she is a licensed social worker. We true social workers are not only trained in how to interact with people, but are typically "called" into the field. Our case manager is great! She made many referrals, one that I am so excited about is Kinetic Kids.  Kinetic Kids offers a variety of sports, musical and craft activities for kids with different abilities. They cool thing is that all classes are taught by occupational or physical therapists.

So since Arron has a speech and social adaptive delay, he's considered a child with "special needs". I've had to adjust to this new label, but understand it. I know that the ultimate labels are the ones that the Lord has placed upon us...

BELOVED SON/DAUGHTER
SAVED
FORGIVEN
HEALED

Our case manger referred us to a speech therapist (ST). I spoke with the ST and she sounds great. We have our first appointment on Tuesday. I will keep you posted on how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment